You Will Need:
Homemade Granby Sausage Rolls
- 400g of Granby sausages / sausage meat
- 375g of ready-rolled puffed pastry
- 1/2 a clove of garlic
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- 1 beaten egg to glaze
How To Cook:
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C
- Crush the garlic and a little bit of salt into a paste. Add to the chopped parsley and then add 50ml of cold water. Stir.
- Blend the sausage meat in a food processor on a high speed. If you are using sausages, make sure you remove the skin before adding to the processor!
- Pour the garlic water into the sausage meat and mix until well combined. Season with pepper.
- Unroll your puff pastry onto a board and cut in half lengthways.
- Divide the sausage mix in two. Spread along the length of each pastry section in a cylindrical shape. Leave a 1cm edge.
- Tightly roll the pastry around the sausage meat. Then use the beaten egg to hold it in place.
- Cut each piece into your desired number of sausage rolls. Then arrange on a sheet of baking paper.
- Brush the remainder of the beaten egg all over the pastry.
- Cook for 25-30mins in the oven until the pastry is puffed and crispy, and the meat is cooked through.
- Best served with a side of dipping sauce – ketchup, brown sauce or mustard. Enjoy!!