You Will Need:
- Granby Burgers
How To Cook:
- Begin by preparing your onions. Chop some red onions up finely, and transfer them to the fridge to chill.
- Next, cook off your Granby Burgers. You want to achieve a golden colour, but don’t cook the whole way through just yet as you will be placing them in the oven later.
- Once golden brown, take your burgers and chill them in the fridge.
- After your burgers and onions have chilled, it’s time to start stacking!
- Place the base layer of your shortcrust pastry onto some greaseproof baking paper.
- Begin layering your first burger, followed by a layer of sliced cheese, and a handful of your chilled onions.
- Repeat this process until you have stacked all layers of the burgers.
- Add some ketchup and mustard to the top. If you’re a sauce lover, you can always repeat this step in between each layer!
- Carefully place your top layer of pastry over your stacked burgers. Cut off any excess pastry and save it for later.
- Using a knife and fork, pierce the edges, and the top of the pastry. Grab your beaten egg, and coat the pastry to give it a golden finish!
- Place in the oven at 180C for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- This recipe is perfect for when you have some leftover burgers in the fridge!